Ok, we have had an invasion of little bug burglars in our house. I am going to vomit. Oh wait, just threw up a little bit in my mouth...ok...I am ok. Breath.
So here in the Philippines you always check all of your ingredients for bugs before you make anything. They get into EVERYTHING. In fact, all of my flour, bisquick, ect is in the freezer so bugs can't get to it. It's so annoying. You can't leave anything on the counters or it will be eaten by a rodent or go bad within the day - that is how hot it is here.
So I went into the pantry looking for something sweet. I know..big surprise! I tried to make it seem like I had a reason to be in the pantry so I decided to take a look for bugs. I hold up the salt, no bugs, I hold up the baking power, no bugs. I hold up the rice container - BUGS!! Then I go to the other air tight rice container - BUGS! Then I go to the rolled oats - BUGS! These are teeny tiny bugs that if you weren't looking you would cook your food and not notice. But if you look closely at your container - it looks like it's moving. I can tell you for a fact that we ate some of that rice last week and I am pretty damn sure those bugs were probably already there. Oh, I just puked in my mouth again.
Needless to say, many more items are now in the freezer and we are on high alert for any bugs in the pantry. I am off in search of bug killing devices.....
No comments:
Post a Comment