Monday, October 18, 2010

Home Sweet Home

So I made it back to Boise for two weeks. It was so amazing. I hadn't been home in a little over a year. I really needed a break and my visit left me feeling refreshed and renewed and ready to take on the craziness of living abroad again. Here are some highlights.

- Got off the plane after traveling for 24 hrs and went straight to the lake to go wake boarding. It was 95 degrees in October - that's unheard of! But couldn't get in the water because I am a pansy and used to 80 degree water. So I just worked on my tan. :-)
- Saw my sister's new house
- Drank lots of beer with my grandparents and Aunt and Uncle
- Saw old friends
- Hike and biked almost every day/twice a day
- Shopped til I dropped
- Filled each suitcase for my return trip to exactly 50lbs
- Drank a lot of micro brews
- Ate cottage cheese, avocados, real mushrooms, bagels, Mother's cookies, Smarties, and real cheese until I almost threw up
- Drove with the windows down (so amazing!)
- Mowed the lawn (awesome!)
- Celebrated 4 holidays (T-day, B-day, Christmas, and New Year's) with my sister and Momma

I was sad to leave but I am sure my Mom and sister were quite happy to get rid of the "tiny tornado"!

No comments: