Thursday, August 6, 2009

Festival Weekend

So this last weekend was a long weekend in Canada.  I have NO idea what the holiday was but I don't ask questions when I have a day off!  I hit 3 festivals in one day.  Left the house at 9am and got home at 5pm.  I was pooped and festivaled out when I got home!  The first festival I hit was Caribana.  Caribana is Toronto's Caribbean festival which features calypso, steel drum and elaborate masquerade costumes.  There were over 1.2 million people there!  It was pretty amazing to see.  I have never seen anything like it.  Then I headed over to the Irie Music Festival - a reggae music festival.  Everyone must have been down at Caribana because there was hardly anyone there.  So I moved along to the next festival - The Turkish Festival.  They had bands and dancers and food.  I tried something, I don't know what it was but it was good.  There are pictures on my website of how they cooked it - which was pretty cool.  So much diversity in Toronto!

For all the pictures, check out my website.

http://mntbikebabe.shutterfly.com/

No comments: