Friday, September 10, 2010

Bohol

So Bob had a work thing in Bohol so we decided to extend for the weekend. This is what I saw when I flew in . Made me a bit nervous!


Once I got to the resort, I was in HEAVEN! This place was amazing, as you can see by the views.





Bob's special "beer" photography

So of course we had to go diving. On the way to our dive spot, I spotted something in the water and I told the DM as I wasn't sure if it was fisherman (sometimes they snorkel or set nets). It turned out to be a group of pilot whales!! As you can tell by the video I am a little excited. It was so cool to see - they were literally right in front of us!




We did our first two dives and then headed to the island for lunch. Since it was low tide we needed a "taxi" boat from the island which involves someone from our boat yelling or whistling to someone on the island to come pick us up.


Our Taxi


When we arrived EVERYONE was staring at us. It was obvious they don't get foreigners there very often. We were led to the lunch shack and I quickly realized why. They started opening all sorts of dirty looking styrofoam containers with different fish, seafood and chicken. I was totally grossed out, but we had no other option. Bob picked out his prawns and I opted for the chicken. They grabbed it with their bare hands and put it in a not so clean looking dish. At this point I was convinced we were both going to be puking our guts out later that night. The lunch was actually pretty tasty and you will be happy to know there was no sickness involved. Whew!

Trying to sell us this fish - a little big!



Our dive crew - 4 of them - 2 of us.

The diving was fantastic! We saw our first Eagle ray manta and squid. We saw about 12 turtles total. One of which was probably the size of a love seat. He let us sit and watch him eat for about 1o minutes. They are beautiful creatures! One of the turtles we saw was missing a flipper but he still seemed to get around just fine without it.

That night Bob arranged a special dinner for us. He had had lechon manok (roasted chicken) a few days before and he said I HAD to try it. I knew it must have been amazing because Bob NEVER gets excited about food. It wasn't on the menu, but the chef said he would be happy to make it for us. He also asked if Bob wanted to try the sea urchin fettuccine. Bob said sure! Best. Dinner. of my life. And so cheap. We both were so full we went straight to bed with a food coma.

Me and he super cute chef who spoiled us

On the last day we hit all the tourist spots including Hinagdanan Cave, Hanging Bridge, Chocolate Hills, Tarsier monkeys, and the largest python in Bohol.


Chocolate Hills




No comments: