Monday, September 27, 2010
No Barcode
So we bought some small paintings in Vietnam that I wanted to put in frames. So off to the store I go (it’s always an adventure!) So I pick out the frames that I want and the kind young man who helped me actually took apart the frames and put my pictures in them. So awesome! Anyway, I went to check out and one of the frames barcode wouldn’t scan with a price. Oh shit. That’s not good. So then all 4 ladies are helping, they try typing it in – no go, they try scanning it again – no go. At this point I know I am going to be here for awhile. Even though the price is clearly on it. So they all start talking amoungst themselves about what to do. I am just smiling watching this whole thing – you have to or you will lose your mind. So finally after 5 minutes they decide to get the guy in the frame section to bring another one. But they don’t walk down there – they yell and wave their hands. Finally I asked them if they wanted me to go down and get another one. No ma’am. Another 5 min. Finally one of the girls walks halfway down to the frame section and gets the guys attention and he brings another frame – still won’t scan. So then they all talk amounst each other about what to do. I just sit back and watch. They decide to try to get another frame to scan and try that. 5 min later out comes the next frame....and it scans. FINALLY! The whole ordeal took 30 minutes to check out. Patience my friends….it’s a skill I have learned well here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment