Sunday, November 7, 2010

Hong Kong - Day 1

So we had another long weekend. Did I mention I love all of the Filipino holidays? So this weekend we headed to Hong Kong - about a 2 hr flight from Manila. We arrived at our hotel and were pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. Bob wanted to model....and guess what street we were on? So cool!



When we arrived in Hong Kong we got on the MTR (subway) and then on a bus to see
"The Peak" to check out a view of the city. It was pretty funny to see Bob waiting in line for the bus as he was about 2 feet taller than everyone else. It was even funnier when we got on the bus. Everyone nearby was quietly chuckling as he squished himself in like a sardine. Poor guy, he really suffers when we travel in Asia as he is so large - he never fits into anything!



The roads getting up to The Peak are quite narrow and we were riding on a double decker bus. The roads did not have railings and it’s a long way down! We arrived safely and we were pleasantly surprised. It was gorgeous! It actually looked fake as there were too many buildings going for so long - it looked like someone built them out of legos! Pictures don’t do it justice. But here is one just for reference.


And a video....that's Bob practicing his Chinese in the background.



Here is the tram that we took down. It was fun going backwards down the hill!



At the bottom there was a walkway and it was filled with Filipina maids on their day off. They just put down cardboard and play cards and relax all day.


Then we headed to the Stanley Street Market which Bob quickly whisked me through in search of a beer. We tried to go back to the market later but it was closed. This was an amazing place to just relax, drink and have some dinner.


Bob was very happy with the beer selection


I went to the bathroom, closed the door and this it what I saw, I about peed my pants! Good thing I was already in the potty. It looked so real!



No comments: