Friday, March 18, 2011

Field Trip

Today I just heard that the group I volunteer with got free tickets to take the kids from Ulingan to a PBA game (equivalent to an NBA game in US). The lady who runs Project PEARLS told me the following:

"But what was sad the last time for me personally, I noticed that the small kids kept going back to the restrooms and when they returned to their seats, their hair and head were soaking wet; so I went to the restroom with them and what I witnessed was kinda shocking and sad; they were playing and splashing themselves with water from the toilet bowl as they said that's the cleanest water they had ever seen and I guess they had no concept of the toilets; as they were peeing on the floor; i had to apologize to the bathroom attendant and gave her a huge tip "

I hope we can go - they will be SO excited!

No comments: