This last Saturday I went back to visit my "kids" in Ulingan. It was fantastic despite the rainy conditions which made this horrible place even worse with mud and smell of rotting garbage. But it's always worth is to see the smiles on their faces. This time I brought more fruit (10kg) and cups and water. It was all a big hit. I also brought big bubble makers which were an even bigger hit. They loved blowing the bubbles and then chasing them down and popping them. I wish I had pictures but I opted to leave my camera behind this time to focus on the kids. Here is the only photo I have from the day.
After a year of searching, I have finally been able to find a place where I fit in and can make a difference and I couldn't be happier.
No comments:
Post a Comment