Bob and I decided to sponsor two young girls from Ulingan to go to school for a year. It's totally amazing what $180 can do in a 3rd world country. I decided to sponsor my two favorite little girls Nina and Angel. These two are the sweetest little girls ever. When each one found out that I was sponsoring them, their eyes got huge, and they jumped into my arms and gave me the tightest hug, covered me with kisses, and told me thank you over and over again. There was a light in their eyes - they were so excited to go to school. It made me so happy to make them so happy. Maybe I do have the mothering gene! My little Nina made me hold her for the rest of the day and she kept wiping the sweat off my face and pushing my hair out of my face. She even covered me in baby powder to help me stop sweating and smell better. :-) I seriously love this little girl - she has the most infectious laugh ever....just like me!


No comments:
Post a Comment