Tuesday, July 5, 2011

KK Part II

So we got up the next morning and began our journey back to KK which would be about 3-4 hours of riding. First we headed to the Sabah Tea Gardens. We learned how tea was made and bought some Sabah tea. Then we rode through the Rafflesia flower forest reserve. Bob was totally loving riding through the winding roads. It was absolutely beautiful. We have found that riding motorcycles has been the best way to experience Asia and this ride did not disappoint.

Bob was sick of my "frugal" choice in hotels so we splurged and booked a night at the Sutera Harbour Resort so Bob could get some golf in. We had lunch by the pool and then Bob played golf that afternoon while I took a long hot bath and a nap. I haven't had a bath in almost 2 years since we don't have a bathtub in Manila and the hot water only lasts for 5 min in the shower.

The next morning Bob played golf again while I went out shopping. I was a little disappointed as a lot of things were actually quite expensive for Asia. However I ended up buying a knock-off backpack and wallet and a traditional painted mask. We spent the afternoon drinking beer by the pool and then got on the airplane for the 2 hr flight back. It was a nice relaxing weekend!


No comments: