Sunday, December 25, 2011

Caving Adventure

While we were in Siqijour, Bob and I headed off for a caving adventure one afternoon. Like other caves I have been in in the Philippines - there is NO WAY you would ever be allowed to do this in North America. About 10 min in I broke my slipper (filipino for flip flop) and had to go without shoes for the rest of the adventure. I guess I overestimated my skills of slipper wearing. Our guides were horrified and kept trying to give me their shoes, but I was worried about breaking their shoes too so it was easier to just go barefoot (except for the spiky rocks!). It was about 1.5 hrs in and 1.5 hrs back. Luckily we were the only people in there. I do not generally get claustrophobic, but I was about at my limit in this cave - I was pretty happy to get out of there as you can probably see by the pictures!

That is a small hole and a big boy!

Running water throughout the cave



What are we DOING in HERE?

You want me to step on this metal bar, barefoot, which rushing water? Yeah, no problem.

Please no flash flood.



Ladies making baskets of local tree fibers at the entrance of the cave

No comments: