Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Chinese Toilets

The toilets in China are by far the most interesting in Asia. They are generally a flat like toilet flush with the floor or a trough. I actually like the Chinese flat toilets as they are pretty practical and probably much easier to clean. However, they are only convenient for doing #1, #2 would take some serious leg muscles and balance! There were quite a few public toilets on the street and we were really impressed....until we went into one. It was basically a trough in the floor. No doors, no walls, just squat and do your business next to all your new besties. Bob said in the Men's bathroom they were pushing one out, texting and smoking at the same time. I walked in the women's bathroom saw a bunch of half naked ladies and walked right back out. I would hold it. We later found out that many of the local houses don’t have toilets so that’s why there are so many – they have to come out to the street to do your business. I think I would learn to hold it versus having to walk outside in the middle of the night!

This was actually a nice bathroom, although the 1/2 doors were weird because you could see people doing their business!

Where I had to pee....a trough.

No comments: