Friday, June 29, 2012

Bikram Yoga

So lately I have been obsessed with Groupon - mostly because I can pick up cheap massages.  Although sadly not as cheap as PH but massages none the less. I recently bought a Groupon for  Bikram Yoga or "hot yoga". I have heard people talking about it for awhile and they either love it or hate it so why not give it a try.

So it's basically yoga in a hot ass room.  It's probably about 100 degrees in the room and you do yoga.  Upon my arrival the lady said "your main goal for your first class is to stay in the room for the full hour and a half and not to get light headed or feel like you are going to vomit" NICE... The room is hot but it didn't bother me that much as that's what it felt like everyday in the Philippines.  I have done yoga before so that didn't bother me either.  What bothered me the most?  The sweat pouring off my body.  I literally couldn't see as the sweat was cascading into my eyeballs.  My full sized bath towel was soaking wet along with my clothing and hair.  It looked like I got in the shower with all my clothes on by the time I left.  If that puddle below me was fat I would be a supermodel right now. :-)

No comments: