So Bob was out of town for two weeks on a business trip so I was doing house projects and working down through the list of hikes I want to do - one of which was Mailbox Peak. Sounded like a cool trail - and there is a mailbox at the top of the peak. Sounds like fun right?
I knew it was going to be steep - 4,000 feet in 2.5 miles - but HOLY HELL was it steep. Actually if you thought going up was bad - going down was pure hell. I had to just pound it out because if I stopped I probably wouldn't have gotten back up. I feel like a pretty experienced hiker and this trail was unlike any trail I have ever been on. Not for the faint of heart. It was the ONE TRAIL where I wish I had brought my damn hiking poles.
 |
| Beautiful flowers |
 |
| This is what the trail was like the whole way |
1 comment:
Snoops tongue says it all! You are so rad.
Post a Comment