Monday, June 7, 2010

Gym Class

So I joined the gym when I first moved here and I went for about 2 weeks and then got lazy (I am blaming the heat for this). So now I have gotten back in the groove of things. So the other day I went to the gym after work and was in the spinning room riding the bike. The classroom right next to me had a belly dance class. I though "hmmm...that might be fun" so I watched them start and after about 5 minutes I realized my body doesn't move like that! Then I tried to listen closely to the music they were dancing to - and that is when it struck me! The instructor was talking in Tagalog and all of the students are Filipino! Duh! How could I have not thought of this before! So now I am scared to take any classes because I won't know what the hell is going and I will feel so bad if they have to speak in English just because of me!

No comments: