
Of course we picked the hottest day of the year to do store checks (38C) and almost all of the stores were outside or in public markets with no aircon - the jeepney didn't have aircon either. Not that I am complaining - that is just the way it is here because electricity is so FREAKIN expensive. I think it has to be one of the most of expensive places in the world for electricity!
I was so hot by 9am that I had already sweat through my clothes. It was very interesting to see some of the sari-sari stores up close (I usually am just driving by). But I got some crazy looks as I don't think they see many of my kind where we went! Overall it was fun day spend with my team. They were so nice because they kept asking me if I was ok, if I was too hot, ect.
No comments:
Post a Comment