Thursday, February 24, 2011

Jenny & Bob's Fish Farm

After all the fish in our pond died the guys bought us new ones because they felt bad they killed them (it was an accident - or so they say!). I just assumed Bob was giving them money to buy food. So the other day I go have a look at the pond to see what's happening.

Me: Wow, lots of fish!
Guard: Yes ma'am and now we have an eel.
Me: Oh really? (he shows it to me and it's gross)
Me: Who's buying the food for the fish?
Guard: We are.
Me: Oh, ok. So why are you spending money to keep these fish alive?
Guard: We eat them.
Me: Ohh....really? (trying to hold back gagging noises)
Guard: Yes, they are tilapia
Me: Ahhh...ok. (I am not a fish expert - but clearly they are NOT tilapia)
Me: What about the eel? What purpose does he serve?
Guard: We eat him to.

Just walk away and pretend that conversation never happened!

No comments: