Thursday, April 8, 2010

Curling Iron

So this afternoon I set off on a quest to find a curling iron. Should be easy right? You are mistakenly WRONG. This is the Philippines people! Haven't you learned anything from this blog yet? :-)

Apparently women in the Philippines don't really curl their hair all that much, most of them want to straighten it - at least that is my observation. So after three stores with no curling irons - only flat irons I decided to check out one last place. I go in and am directed to where they are located - it's right in the middle of the high-end perfume and make-up section - makes total sense to have it there right? :-)

Anyway, I look in the booth and I spot one curling iron. And it was about $20. I didn't need anything fancy, I just wanted a curling iron. I take a look and am totally sold until the salesgirl tells me that that one is low wattage so it takes 5-7 min to heat up. Now, she could have totally been feeding my a line of crap, but I believed her and don't want to wait 5-7 min for a stupid curling iron. Next thing I know I got two girls holding two flat irons curling my hair and trying to sell me this flat iron that curls! It actually looked really nice. So I walked out a proud owner of a new flat iron. Damn...I've been had.

No comments: