Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Plants for the fish

So we keep buying water lilies and plants for the pond (to give the fish some shade) and they keep dying. Too much sun I guess. So I walk outside the other morning and I find these nice big plants sitting in the pond.

J: Where did those plants come from? (I already kinda knew, but totally wanted to hear the story)
R: The Marakina River. (with a big smile on his face)
(Richard lives near the Marakina River which is TOTALLY covered in plants)
J: Really?
R: Yes m'am.
J: So how did you get them?
R: M'am I walked down to the river, pulled them out and put them in a plastic bag.
J: Did people look at you funny?
R: Yes ma'am.
J: How did you get them here?
R: I put them in my backpack.
J: Oh, ok.

Now these plants are pretty large - I am still not quite sure how he got them in his backpack and rode with them on his motorcycle. But I am not going to ask any questions....they look awesome!

No comments: