Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Furniture shopping turns into a fashion show

So we decided to go furniture shopping and we couldn't find the place we were told to go so we asked Richard if he knew of a place where we could get furniture. So off we go. Richard used to be a taxi driver so he knows all of the back streets very well so whenever he takes us somewhere the views out the window are always very interesting. I had know idea where we were going or where we were! We ended up at a local mall where we were the only foreigners. He wound us through the mall and tada......furniture. We couldn't agree on what we wanted so we started to leave. This was when I noticed a huge crowd and music. So we walk around the corner and there was a fashion show going on. Now seeing as the Philippines is mostly Catholic I was shocked to see scantily clad men and women prancing down the stage. There was a lot of dancing to the "I'm too Sexy" song which was pretty entertaining. I wasn't able to get any pictures as I didn't want to look like a tourist but it was fun!

No comments: