Saturday, February 6, 2010

What's in my salad?

So I have been craving veggies since I got here. Good veggies are few and far between here. If you do find ripe tomatoe or lettuce that isn't brown - it's very expensive. So when a friend told me about a great salad place for lunch, I jumped on it. So I ordered a Caesar salad. Pretty innocent right? So it comes out and I am going to town on it. I noticed that there were some crunchy bits in it and they looked like bacon or something. So I am about half way done with my salad when I realize that the crunchy bacon has a spine! It was all I could do to not puke up my lunch on the table. The crunchy bits where dried sardines. For those of you who know me - I really don't do fish. So I pulled myself together and politely pushed the rest of the spines away from my salad.

Note to self: check crunchy bits for spines.

No comments: