Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Guadalupe Market

So Rose wanted to take me to the market today. I wasn't really sure what to say as I didn't know how safe it was or where it was located but she seemed really excited to have me go with her so I said what the hell. Richard would tell me if it was a place I shouldn't go. Richard dropped us off and Rose told me to hold my purse in front of me. We walk down the aisles and Rose is on a mission and knows what she wants. Everyone is totally staring at me. We stop at a stall and she starts negotiating. I can't really tell what they are saying, but I hear the price dropping. After it was all said and done we got all the items we needed and she even had them throw in a free fan! I was in amazement at this market. There was a wet market (meat) and regular market and I wanted to stop and roam but Rose wanted to get back to finish her work. It was very cool and very clean although I wouldn't buy my own food there as I saw a cat sitting in one of the scales for the rice!

No comments: