Thursday, January 28, 2010

Bugs and Geckos

Now I heard there were bugs and things in your house here and generally I am ok with that. For those of you know me, I am a big outdoors person and so you have to be used to bugs and things. So I told you about the gecko who attacked me in my kitchen - that just crossed a whole new level as HE broke the golden rule - NO jumping ON me! We were at peace before when we kept ourselves at a distance. As I was sitting here writing one of my stories for this blog, I heard a sound in the house that sounded like a bird. I am thinking "Holy shit, I have a freakin BIRD in my house?" So I turn on the lights and take a good look. Guess what I see.....a freakin gecko! Do you think they make noises like birds? I better Google that. Yep...they do. So I have a resident gecko. I think I am going to name him Jamal. I actually did find out that you want geckos in your house as they eat the bugs.

So after finishing my blog entry I go to the kitchen to get something under the sink and what do I find? Big nasty cockroaches. EWWW!! At least they ran away from me and not on me! But Jamal better do his job better. So at this point I make a note to myself that any and all food in the pantry will go into containers when our stuff arrives. I can handle bugs, but not in the kitchen or in or around my food. So then I go to make a sandwich....open up the lettuce....slugs. WTF??? Is this Animal Planet or something? So I mention it to someone and they said that yes, you need to rinse and or soak all your vegetables with a mix of bottled water and bleach. Holy shit - I need a full-time helper in charge of keeping bugs out of my food!

1 comment:

Gary Dinoso said...

In the PI, the cats are afraid of rats and the geckos (butiki) are afraid of the roaches. Big ugly spiders love the roaches however. Make sure you get dog proof big traps of you go that route.