Monday, January 18, 2010

Nip & Tuck

Today I have random information for you!

So yesterday the construction boy climbed up our tree and pulled down some mangos - we didn't even know we had a mango tree in our yard! So I was asking Rose how you cut them open since I never ate mangos growing up in Idaho - it was all meat and potatoes people. So she showed me how to cut it up and make me a smoothie. YUMMMM!!! I am going to have one of those everyday.

So in my reading I found out that the Philippines, Manila particularly, is widely known for it's medical tourism aka people fly in here to have medical procedures done for less money than it would cost them in their home country. Dental work and cosmetic surgery in particular are very cheap. The flyer I was reading had the following:
- Lasik (both eyes) - $1,400
- Hip replacement - $9,000
- Bypass surgery - $10,000
- Knee replacement - $9,000
- Boob job - $2,600
- Tummy tuck 2,100

Here is the full list in case any of you now want to come visit us and get a little work done while you are here!


So today I ordered beer for delivery. Mostly because I just wanted to say I had beer delivered to my house. ha ha! The minimum order is 12 cans of beer and 24 for free delivery otherwise it's P20 which is about $.50 USD. I seriously can't figure out the math on some of this stuff - it has to cost them more in fuel than that - but hey I'm not going to ask any questions. I ordered 2 cases but it won't last long in this house!

So people in Manila are serious about carpooling. You probably figure you can safely fit 1 or 2 people on a small motorbike right? Well today I saw 4 people on one small bike. It was like watching a circus act! Insane! They had the driver, then a 6 year old, then the wife, then the teenager standing on the pegs. This is not an uncommon occurrence here.

1 comment:

Carol Garcia said...

I LOVE your stories! Keep 'em coming!